This is a basic publishing aid meant to help people create posts while using WP app on their phone. I am sure, most of you have already figured out the process, but in case you haven’t just follow these steps to publish the post.
(Note: The screenshots were taken randomly from two different sites I own over a period of three months. So, you may find some inconsistencies. Please bear with me.) 😁
Your main WP App main screen will look something like below. I have covered the logo, site name and WordPress address here since the site is not ready to go live yet.
1. Click Posts (highlighted in orange).
2. Click the red + sign to add a new post.
(The tabs on the top contain the following items:
- Published: List of your published posts in order of Chronology
- Drafts: Drafts that you haven’t published, including anything you wrote and forgot to save before closing the application
- Scheduled: Drafts you have scheduled to post in the future
- Binned: Posts/Drafts you have deleted)
3. Type the Title of the post (you can change it later, if needed), and add content. If you have a block editor, which is now the default editor in WP, every time you click enter, you will get a new block.
4. To add various items to the post, like heading, quotes, images, videos, space and separators, click the highlighted + sign at the bottom of the screen. Then, select one.
5. Once you believe that post is ready to be published, click the three dots at the top right, and select Post settings.
6. Select Categories. It is not mandatory, but it helps your audience later when you have, say 30+ posts. You can simply add some major category names to your top menu and the audience can find your posts easily by clicking them. You can add/change category even years after publishing, if (God forbid 😁) you feel like it.
7. Select the category.
If you are new, the page is probably blank, or does not have the required category. 😎 To add a new category:
- Click the + sign at the top right.
- Add a category name. Keep it generic, short and easy to understand.
- If you wish to place them under one of your existing categories, click the down arrow next to Top level.
- Select the parent category from the existing list.
Once you have selected the category, click the back button at the top left.
8. Select Tags.
9. Select the tag. If you need a news one, type a new tag. You can separate two tags with a comma. Do not add space. (Feel free to disregard the advice of your editor for a change, as I have. 😎)
Once done, click the back button at the top left.
10. To select the publishing time:
- Click Publish.
- Click Time and Date.
- Either select Immediately; or select appropriate date, and click OK; then, select appropriate time, and click OK.
11. Click PUBLISH, and then, PUBLISH NOW.
Note: If at any point of time, you feel the need to stop writing and close the post, click the three dots on the top-right, and select Save. It will save your work on WP site online.
If you reopen the WP App and see Local changes message below a post, it is because you closed the application without saving it. Just open the post settings and click Save.
If you see the Version Conflict message below the draft/post, think of the last time you worked on the post.
- If you worked via the mobile, click Remove Web Version.
- If you worked directly on the website, click Remove Device Version.
Thank you! I am such a genius! 😎